Sunday, July 5, 2009

Salute


I drove home from the big city and I saw all the farmers hard at work. July 4th a holiday and they were all out in the fields harvesting. As dusk turned into night, I looked over the fields and I saw them, the tractors running and all the flood lights on, Harvesting.
I looked over into the distance and fireworks were going off, both public displays and the little johnny displays. I look over into the fields and there were the tractors and the trucks HARVESTING.
I salute you, the Farmer and Rancher, The backbone of America!

1 comment:

The Farmer said...

I've read in many magazines where people have quit their hectic lives in the city to work on a relaxing farm where time is your own. Then the reality hits and they find out, if its ready to be cut, you cut. If the cow needs milked, you milk her. Its a 365 24/7 job. It has its own rewards and its a lifestyle choice, but its not for everyone.