Monday, July 20, 2009

Apollo 11


On this anniversary of the Apollo 11 Mission, we must take a pause and ask ourselves what is next? Mars? A Moon Base? The Space Station Hotel? Whatever is decided we must move forward in space. As a youngster I loved space and the missions of NASA. I remember looking at the moon and stars with my telescope, dreaming of going to space.
I guess I have passed that down to my Son. He enjoys space and it's mysteries. Maybe one day he will go, maybe one day, it will be a routine flight to the Moon and beyond. We need to look forward and move forward in exploring the final frontier.

3 comments:

The Farmer said...

I'm thinking moon base. I'm not sure what we have to gain by pushing to mars right now. Even if we did find something of value, other than scientific, we would not have the means to use it. A moon base would maybe have use further down the road for space exploration though.

Texasghostrider said...

I am also hoping for a Moon base. I think we can link that to any other project down the road.

kathy said...

Then lets go watch a shuttle launch next summer.