Saturday, July 25, 2009

Does RED look good on me?




If it is cloudy and threatening to storm........YES, you still can get a sun burn! IN the morning I could see a storm that was forming and I didn't really think I would be out on the beach that long. The storm passed to our east and we came in for lunch. James then wanted to go to the pool, So I sprayed down with the 30 sun screen. That evening when this picture was taken I realized that I got a whole bunch of sun.


I am paying for my lack of attention last night and today. I suppose I will be paying for the next couple of days. We stopped off at the pharmacy and I asked where was the sunburn sprays. She asked how bad is it and I lifted up my sleeve to a "OMG!". I have one she recommended and one that said ICE and then I have the natural approach. James took some Alvera and smashed it up. He applied that to my forehead while we are testing the other two on the rest of the burn. So, if you go outdoors with out long sleeves, apply sun screen 30 at once.

3 comments:

The Farmer said...

The last time I got burned like that it took 2 weeks before I could wear a shirt without winceing. much

campguy said...

I have a school on Thursday and Friday too! yuck!

Patricia said...

Ouch!!!!!

That's funny about the cropduster. I suppose farmland looks much the same where ever you are. I took those photos while we were driving across the state from Lake Okeechobee to West Palm on Hwy 80 in south/central Florida. It is a long and lonely stretch of farmland - mostly sugarcane - with no place to even stop for gas. The crop dusters are usually "parked" near a sugarcane processing plant near Belle Glade, but fortunately we found this one at work on the day we were driving through. I'd love to see your photos, too. Let me know if you post them..and thanks for stopping by.